- The Sefwi Wiawso High Court today 11th June, 2021 again sat on the ongoing case between Hon Evans Paul Aidoo(Petitioner), Dr Kwaku Afriyie(1st Respondent) and the Electoral Commission(2nd Respondent).
- The petitioner who stood on the ticket of the NDC was represented in court by Lawyer Victor Adawudu and the 1st respondent was represented by Lawyer Frank Davies but a brief was held on his behalf by Lawyer Nkoah.
- Today’s proceedings was about the setting out of issues to be determined in the trial. In the wisdom of the court, all the issues set out by the Electoral Commission was admitted, three out of the five issues by the 1st respondent was admitted and all six issues set out by counsel for petitioner was admitted.
- The trial judge, Justice Kwasi Amoako in adjourning the case to 25th June, 2021, directed all parties to file their witness statements by 17th June, 2021.
- Counsel for the petitioner, Lawyer Adawudu notified the court of his intent to file two motions for inspection of documents and interrogatories on the 2nd respondent.
Regional Communication Officer.
11th June, 2021