Representations: Lawyer Frank Davies & his team for the NPP Petioner
Lawyer Abraham Amaliba & Lawyer Samuel Adu Yeboah for the 1st Respondent
- At the last adjourned date, the trial Judge- Justice Kwasi Yeboah had given an indication for the facilitation of service of the processes regarding the withdrawal of Lawyer Amaliba as Counsel for the 1st Respondent to Hon. James Gyakye Quayson as the Court Rules stipulates.
- Interestingly, the official to see to the delivery of the process via Expedited Mail Services (EMS), could not serve the MP (first respondent) principally due to what they described as operational challenges which His Lordship took strong exceptions to, and scolded the officer for his blatant deleriction of duty.
- Consequently, His Lordship indicated that, the Chief Justice has received a petition filed by the Hon. MP for Assin North against him- trial judge over the alleged bias exhibited in open Court against the 1st Respondent which has resulted in Lawyer Amaliba withdrawing his legal services for the MP. The judge informed the court that he has a copy of the petition against him to the Chief Justice so will adjourn proceedings awaiting response from the CJs office on the matter.
- He stated his readiness to proceed with the hearing of the substantive case in the next two weeks barring any unforeseen emergencies and subsequently adjourned today’s proceedings to the 28th day of June, 2021.
- The NDC was represented by the National Chairman – Hon Dr Samuel Ofosu Ampofo, Regional delegation led by the Regional Vice Chairmen- Hon Theophilus Aidoo Mensah & Chairman Stephen Edward Moore and the Deputy Regional Secretary- Comrade Kofi Matthew.
Others are Comrade Eric Offei Mugai- Regional Communication Committee Secretary, Comrade Hajj Issah Abubakar- Regional Party Security’s Director of Operations, Comrade Mark Takyi Banson – Proforum National Deputy Organizer, Comrade George Elvis Korankye Taylor Cape Coast South Chairman, Comrade Victor Nanka Bruce- Cape Coast South Organizer, Comrade Ohenbaa Akosua Borngreat- Cape Coast South Communication Officer, Comrade Ophelia Sampson- Cape Coast North Women Organizer, Comrade Antoinette Thompson- Cape Coast South Deputy Women Organizer, Comrade Stephen Ebu Kanawu- Cape Coast North Communication Officer, Comrade Stanley Acquah KK- Mfantseman Communication Officer and scores of branch executives from CCS & CCN