- At the last adjourned date, the trial judge set today for Lawyer Abraham Amaliba to move his motion for withdrawal from the case as the Counsel for the 1st Respondent- Hon James Joe Gyakye Quayson Jnr on the basis that he has challenged the judge for making biased statements in open court which clearly exposed him for treading on a predetermined cause against the 1st respondent.
- Lawyer Abraham Amaliba was in court today in the company of Lawyer Samuel Adu Yeboah and Lawyer Sammy Gyamfi and was ready to move his withdrawal motion, but pointed out that, the Court hasn’t served the 1st Respondent the processes regarding his application to withdraw from the case, contrary to the rules of engagements of proceedings of Court in accordance with CI 47 of the rules.
- Lawyer David Arthur who held the brief for NPP’s Lawyer Frank Davies etc, contended the position of Lawyer Amaliba but with no legal backing or any legal authorities apart from hollow linguistic acrobatics, but was quickly rebutted by Lawyer Amaliba who made solid legal arguments the Judge agreed with.
- Consequently, the trial judge adjourned proceedings to 8th June 2021 and ordered Lawyer Abraham Amaliba to facilitate the processes of service on both the 1st & 2nd Respondents so he could move his motion to withdraw as Lawyer for the 1st Respondents in line with the rules of natural justice.
- The NDC was represented in Court today by the National Chairman – Hon Elder Samuel Ofosu Ampofo, National Communication Officer- Lawyer Sammy Gyamfi, Deputy National Women Organizer- Maame Efua Houadjeto, former Regional Chairman- Lawyer Samuel Adu Yeboah, Regional Vice Chairman – Hon Theophilus Aidoo Mensah, Regional Deputy Secretary – Comrade Kofi Matthew, Regional Treasurer- Comrade Eric Essuah, Regional Communication Officer- Ɔwɛnfoba Kwesi Dawood, Regional Deputy Communication Officer- Comrade Lawrence Kwesi Ghartey, Cape Coast South Executives led by Chairman Elvis Korankye Taylor, Cape Coast North Executives led by Vice Chairman – Dr Shaibu Akansiseh, Regional Comm Bureau members led by St Mugai and countless branch executives from Oguaa.
Lawyer Sammy Gyamfi- member of the MPs Legal Team granted media interviews after proceedings today.