A Member of the NPP Bono Regional Communications Member has urged his fellow NPP patriot to save the Party in the region by voting Abronye out come 2022.
According to this astute communication, the actions of the current Regional Chairman of the NPP solely led to the unprecedented defeat of the party in the Parliamentary elections in the 2020 General Election.
Prior to the 2020 General Election, the NPP in the region had eleven Parliamentary seats out of the twelve seats in the region.
There has been calls by the members of the NPP in the Bono Region for the current Regional Chairman, Abronye DC, to resign after what they describe as a ”gross incompetence” on his part.
It will be recalled that Abronye DC promised to win all the twelve seats with what he dubbed as ”agenda 12 over 12”
Kindly read the analysis by the NPP communicator in support of his call
The objective of this PART 1 write up will look at three thematic areas associated with the problems Abronye DC, the Bono Regional Chairman and the then MPs/Candidate created which led to our defeats.
1.Regional Party organisations and Regional campaign team will be highlighted.
- Jaman South and Banda will be briefly discussed to know the true picture why we lost or could not capture the seats.
To begin, Bono Region has Twelve(12) Constituencies. Before 2016, Hon Kwaku Asomah- Cheremeh the then Regional Chairman for the Bono Ahafo Region bequeathed Eleven (11) Parliamentary seats out of the Twelve(12) seats to Abronye DC and only Banda Constituency was outstanding with the difference of five hundred (506) votes between Hon. Ahmed Ibrahim ( (NDC) = 6,167(52.03%) valid votes and Hon. Joe Danquah (NPP) = 5,660 (47.76%) valid votes.
Before I come to give you interesting analysis as to why we could not win Banda Constituency with figures, let me tell you what happened at the Bono Regional Secretariat of the New Patriotic Party ( NPP) before the 2020 Elections.
There are seventeen (17) Regional Executives headed by Abronye DC and because of his bad inexperienced governance, total disrespect and his usual insults divided the Executives into two factions.
FACTION A, TEN(10) EXECUTIVES;
1.Regional Chairman = Abronye DC
- 2nd vice Chairman = Doris Asomah
- Regional secretary = Kofi Boateng
- Treasurer = Alhaji Allabey
- Deputy women Organizer = Sister Grace
- Deputy Organiser = kofi Darko
- Deputy youth Organizer = shadrack Abrefa Mensah
- Nasara Coordinator
- Financial secretary = Henry oppong
- Communication Officer = Asare Bediako seth.
Note: the group A faction were supported by the following MPs;
- Hon Baffour Awuah = sunyani West MP
- Hon Yaw Afful = The disappointed MP, Jaman South
- Hon Siaka Stevens, Former MP, Jaman North
- Hon Kwaku Agyemang Manu, MP Dormaa Central
- Hon Williams Sabi , former MP Dormaa East
- Hon Kwaku Agyeinim Boateng, MP berekum West
- Hon kwbena Twum Nuamah , former MP berekum East
- Hon Gabriel Osei , former MP Tain
- Hon Kwasi Ameyaw- Cheremeh , sunyani East MP
- Regional Women Organizer = Ama Amponsah
- Regional Deputy Secretary = Asare Baffour
- Regional Youth Organizer = Abdul Razak Oppong
- Rashid Kolanbigue = Regional Organizer
- Regional Research = Adu Joseph
- Deputy Nasara Coordinator = issah Trawule
Note: faction B were only at the mercy of Hon Halidu Ali Maiga, the former MP for Dormaa West.
Fact: Abronye and his cohorts created the impression to the Party National leadership that Bono Region was safe and peaceful and we were going to maintain the ELEVEN(11) seats Hon Kwaku Asomah- Cheremeh bequeathed to us and have the outstanding seat from the NDC to make up the 12/12 mantra.
Then, Round up to 2020 Elections Abronye was organizing Constituency delegates emergency meetings. Two of such meetings were held at Berekum and some others in Sunyani. The message from Abronye was that he has all the appointments in his pocket and so if any one misbehaved including the MPs he will disappoint that person. All MPs, MDCE’s and some Party Executives got scared and panicking which of course was so sad to say the least !
Again, the National Party inaugurated 45 member campaign team including MPs and five lawyers, resourceful persons, etc on the 18th AUGUST, 2020.
From the date of inauguration of the Regional Campaign team, the team became whitewashed, white elephant and camouflaged. The campaign team never met to decide on anything to prosecute the agenda of the Party neither there were any strategic, tactical and operational measures put in place for the 12/12 mantra simply because Abronye DC had his own parallel structures.
Campaign monies were never accounted for by him and particularly to the disadvantage of faction B. About 85,000ghc in three trenches amounting to 255,000ghc which was meant for the 2020 campaign team cannot still be accounted for by Abronye DC.
He distributed the campaign pick-ups about three of them to his boys and wherever he went for Constituency delegates meeting he went in convoy disturbing people in cities and towns including Commercial and private drivers which angered the people on the streets and made the Party very unattractive in the Bono Region.
Other campaign resources like Motorbikes are still under his custody.