A vociferous member of the ruling New Patriotic Party in the Bono Region has made a strong revelation on how the NPP in the Bono Region lost five seats to the opposition National Democratic Congress in the 2020 General Election.
In what appears to be shocking, the NPP Regional Communicator attributed their unprecedented defeat in the Parliamentary election to the disrespectful nature of their Regional Chairman, Abronye and his greed for wealth.
In a statement gathered by Masemtvgh, this communicator did not mince words in his analysis, giving series of instances, that corrogated his claim that the NPP Parliamentary candidates lost their seats in those six constituencies as a result of the act of disrespect by Abronye to those in authority in these constituencies, a situation he described as ”worrying and preventable”.
Kindly read part of the analysis as made by the NPP Regional Communicator in the Bono Region
As a Party going into Elections, Abronye DC and Chairman was everywhere on the airwaves physically abusing the respectable identifiable groups in the Region like;
- Alhaji Abdul Umar Kardrih = The Bono Ahafo Regional Chief Imam for allegedly engaging in corrupt activities with the then Bono Ahafo Regional Cordinating Council
- Nana Bosoma Asor Nkrawire II, The Paramount chief of Sunyani Traditional Council for allegedly receiving 1.5million cedis as bribe for a parcel of land for the construction of NDC Party office.
- Nananom of Drobo Traditional Council and referring to them as “who are they to stop him from coming to Drobo if he did not apologise to them for insulting them”.
- Nananom at Banda Ahenkro Traditional Council and referring to them as murderers
- Disrespected the Regional security council including the Regional Minister
- The Electoral commission Regional secretariat was never spared by Abronye dc with his usual unsubstantiated allegations
- Some Constituency Chairmen especially Jaman North, Jaman South, Wenchi, Sunyani East, Dormaa Central, Tain, Banda, Berekum East etc were highly disrespected and disregarded by Abronye
THE GROWING PROBLEMS IN THE JAMAN SOUTH CONSTITUENCY
Before the 2020 elections, Abronye DC and Yaw Afful, the disappointed Member of Parliament had already sold the safe seat of Jaman South to the NDC. Abronye and Yaw Afful used a local Jaman radio based in the District capital belonging to Yaw Afful at Drobo and maligned, insulted the Drobo Traditional Council and Party faithfuls. Despite the Regional Minister, Hon Evelyn Ama Kumi-Richardson’s intervention to calm nerves, the continued insults and the radio propaganda against the the Traditional Council by the duo infuriated some NPP Youth to form skirt and blouse Association against the NPP.
Now check the Jaman South Parliamentary Results as against the presidential results
President Akufo-Addo (NPP) = 29,429= 62.97%
John Mahama(NDC)= 16,337
Different between NPP and NDC = 13,092
- Okofo-Darteh Williams (NDC) = 24,422 = 51.65%
- Yaw Afful (NPP) = 22,519 = 47.62% = 1,093
From the above analysis, about 13,092 people voted skirt and blouse as against Yaw Afful as a result of the ineptitude of Abronye and Yaw Afful. Before the Elections, Yaw Afful could openly tell the skirt and blouse people to vote skirt and trousers or Jarabia if they wish to do so…
Abronye and Yaw Afful disrespected the majority of the Constituency Executives completely during the campaign and all campaign resources were channelled to Yaw Afful,the candidate without the best knowledge of the other Constituency Executives but for the intervention of Hon Kwaku Asomah- Cheremeh who gave the Party Executives in the Jaman South Constituency four (4) motorbikes, 700 pieces of t-shirts, 25 bags of salt, and other logistics together with Hon Evelyn Ama Kumi-Richardson who also contributed 5,000 cash of money, 200 pieces of T-shirts, 1000 ballots sample materials, three Motorbikes through the effort of the former MCE and supply of other logistics it would have been more terrible.
ABRONYE DC & BANDA ISSUES
Interestingly, with little effort and enthusiasm we could have won the Banda seat easily but the incompetence and growing disrespect by Abronye DC as chairman for the good people of Banda we lost the seat. Abronye in about two weeks to the election insulted the Paramount Chief of Banda Ahenkro and referred to the entire indigenous people who are about three thousand (3000) at Ahenkro as murderers. For that Matter no single NPP Member including the NPP Constituency Executives in Banda could go to that enclave to campaign and not even the NPP polling station Executives living in Banda could master the courage and campaign at Ahenkro.
Unfortunately, Joe Danquah also has his own long standing Traditional problems with the people of his own land, Banda Ahenkro which still remains unresolved.
Abronye DC again, before the NPP primaries had serious issues with the then candidate Joe Danquah but Joe Danquah won the primaries. There was no proper reconciliation between the two and Abronye never went to Banda to mobilise any serious campaign and left the Constituency ajar.
When the Bono Regional Minister, Hon Evelyn Ama Kumi-Richardson attempted to resolve the impasse between the Traditional Council at Babda Ahenkro and Abronye as well as Candidate Joe Danquah and extended the invitation to nananom and a date was set for the resolution, Abronye and Joe Danquah stopped the Minister and this was what Joe Danquah said to the Hon Regional Minister…. “I have seen this itinerary. Though I have not been informed, I think the Banda program is a disaster for NPP in Banda. We have worked so hard and victory is being felt. The momentum should be maintained. Nothing should be done to disturb our victory. Please and please revise the Banda program. Thanks”
Joe Danquah also in the heat to the election had trivial issues with some of his own Constituency Executives and there was a sharp division among them. Alot of the campaign materials were hoarded amounting to lack of transparency and coordination.
Now look at the 2020 RESULTS;
President Akufo-Addo(NPP) = 8,332=50.98%
John Mahama (NDC) = 7,881 = 48.22%
DIFFERENCE = 451 in favour of NPP
- Ahmed Ibrahim (NDC)= 8,277= 50.25%
- Joe Danquah (NPP) = 8,195 = 49.75%
DIFFERENCE = 82 in favour of NDC.
from the above analysis president Akufo-Addo led John Mahama by 451 valid votes whereas Ahmed Ibrahim led joe Danquah by only 82 valid votes.
But for the gross disrespect by Abronye as against the Tradition Council and the disregarded attitude to the Constituency party as well as the lack of unity between Joe Danquah and the Regional Party leadership especially Abronye and the Constituency Executives the NPP could have easily won the Banda seat this time round.
In view of the seemingly issues raised above;
- there is a need to bring total change of leadership especially the Party Chairmanship for the Bono Region to command the respect it has lost under Abronye DC
- It is also obvious that there is total lack of discipline in the Party by Abronye and it has had a serious consequences on the Party’s victory.
- The arrogance posture and stands of Abronye and lack of modicum of respect has brought the party to disrepute
- Abronye’s incompetence, ineptitude and lack of focused and direction will make the NPP suffer if he is not brought to book.
- Abronye’s sheer level of ignorance is nauseating to say the least
In conclusion, this is part one of the series. Next week another review segment concerning Tain and Jaman North will follow.