- As reported on the last adjourned date, the court was to deliberate on written addresses on the substantive case from both Counsels today.
- However, counsel for Hon James Joe Quayson filed an appeal and followed it up with a Stay of Proceedings for the court to deal with jurisdictional issues raised earlier and after legal arguments from Counsels from both parties, the trial Judge adjourned proceedings to 18th May 2021 for hearing of the motion for Stay of Proceedings.
- Lawyer Amaliba again moved for the trial judge to recuse himself for making biased statements in open court on the last adjourned date, which to him, indicates the judge has predetermined the case.
The court moved into the chambers of the judge to deliberate on it and when they reconvened, the trial judge informed the court that after listening to Lawyer Amaliba and Lawyer Frank Davies, he has overruled the motion for recusal so he will continue to preside over the case until a higher court directs him not to do so.
- The 1st respondent was represented by Lawyer Abraham Amaliba & Lawyer Osman Alhassan and the Applicant was represented by Lawyer Frank Davies with Lawyer Nana B (their national youth organizer) & two others.
- As usual, the court premises was swarmed with countless riot police men and hundreds of NPP party members, NPP executives, Cape Coast Mayor, Gomoa East former MP etc led by their Regional Chairman- Mr Kutin, Regional Secretary- Takyi Mensah & Regional Communication Director- Staga.
The NDC as usual was represented by the Deputy Regional Secretary- Comrade Kofi Matthew, RCO- Ɔwɛnfoba Kwesi Dawood and Regional IT Directorate Member – Comrade Oheneba Quayson.